Everything is on the table, as DaimlerChrysler AG studies what percentage, if any, it should retain in Tritec Motors Ldta., the Brazilian joint-venture engine plant with BMW AG. “There are a lot of parties interested in it,” Chrysler Group CEO Tom LaSorda tells Ward's. “But we haven't made any final decisions.” A 7-year contract between DC and BMW expires in 2007, at which point the two auto makers will part ways, leaving DC with a plant with a capacity of 250,000 and the potential to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"All Tritec Engine Plant Options Weighed" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642