‘AMG's core business is engines, and with Mercedes committed to direct-injection for its entire range of gasoline engines in 2004, the engineers at Affalterbach are working on in-house performance variants that inevitably produce more horsepower per liter.’ Diesel-powered vehicles took a record 36.5% of the German market this past January. So little wonder that AMG, Mercedes-Benz's fast-growing performance division, is seriously researching “hot” diesel engines. “We're thinking about ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AMG ponders performance diesel offerings" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642