There are several reasons for Freightliner Corp.'s proposed purchase of Western Star Trucks Holdings, including adding low-cost North American capacity, but growing the Western Star brand name likely is not one of them, industry analysts say. “It's probably no better than a 50/50 bet that that brand name survives,” says Ted Rouse, managing director for the Chicago office of Bain & Co., a global management consulting firm. “The economics aren't that favorable for supporting a brand long ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Analysts: Western Star Brand Likely Doomed" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642