Commentary It sounds audacious, like the preamble to the next bout in an ongoing rivalry between two heavyweight boxing champs. Chrysler, the scrappiest of the Big Three, says it will surpass world-champion Toyota in quality by the ’07 model year. Trainer Don Dees, Chrysler vice president-quality, has done the math. “If we continue at a 10% reduction in warranty costs a year, for the ’04, ’05 and ’06 model years, we will catch Toyota by ’07,” he explains. Float like a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"And In This Corner" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642