When East meets West, the result can be anything from delightful to disastrous. Or both. For example, the Volkswagen-Suzuki alliance, formed in December 2009 and in tatters less than two years later, may have been doomed from the beginning. “Both companies started the alliance with the emphasis that each would respect the other’s independence and, as it turned out, the interpretation of independence became an issue,” says Chris Richter, CLSA Asia-Pacific Markets deputy head-Japan ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Animosity Smolders as Suzuki-VW Alliance Founders" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642