Big truck sales closed out 1998 in an appropriate way: setting another retail high for the year. The 39,506 medium- and heavy-duty trucks sold in December tops the year's previous high set in October (39,022) and represents a 12.3% improvement on a daily selling rate basis over the 35,165 units moved in like-1997. Sales of Class 4-8 trucks totaled 424,251 units for 1998, up 12.8% from the 376,139 rigs sold in 1997. In December, Class 8 deliveries topped their previous monthly high of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Another Month, Another Peak; Big Truck Sales Rose 12.3% in December" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642