The numbers tell the story: Toyota Motor Corp., up 7.1%; Honda Motor Co. Ltd., up 6.2%; and Nissan Motor Co. Ltd., up 12.6%. Even smaller Asian auto makers – Mazda Motor Corp. (27.8%), Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (16.5%) and Hyundai Group (15.8%) – posted double-digit sales growth in 2003. Record sales for Toyota Yaris. What makes this so remarkable is that the numbers mark the performance of the Asian auto makers in the least likely of markets: Western Europe. And they are ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Asian Auto Makers Surge in Europe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642