DETROIT â€“ Saturn Corp.â€™s fusion with Adam Opel GmbH continues next year with the Astra compact car joining the domestic portfolio in late 2007, General Motors Corp. confirms. Coming in 3- and 5-door variants, the â€™08 model Astra replaces the Ion that is slated to end production in March. GM will import Astras from its plant in Antwerp, Belgium, to the U.S. and Canada. However, GM is expected to build next-generation Astras, and possibly Opel-based Corsa subcompacts, at its future ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Astra Coming to U.S. as â€™08 Saturn" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642