Like other auto makers, Audi AG has ambitions plans for China. "We hope Audi output in China will reach 70,000 to 80,000 units by 2005," Erich Schmitt, a member of the Audi AG board, tells local media. Audi expects A4 to appeal to young Chinese private buyers. Last year, a joint venture between China's First Automotive Works and Volkswagen AG produced and sold 37,000 Audi A6 sedans. Sales of Chinese-made Audi cars, including the newly launched A4, are expected to exceed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi Aims to Double Production in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642