Audi AG continues to expand its high-performance “S” offerings with the upcoming launch of the S3, the next Audi model (following the TT coupe) to feature the company's new development of quattro all-wheel drive (see WEVTU — July 15, '98, p.5). The high-performance variant of the utilitarian A3 hatchback is powered by the same 1.8L DOHC I-4 found in a variety of Volkswagen AG/Audi models. In the S3 application, the 5-valves-per-cylinder engine is turbocharged and intercooled, developing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi fits quattro for high-performance S3" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642