Audi AG says it will invest E500 million ($516 million) at its Inglostadt, Germany, headquarters in preparation for the launch of the A3 model. Audi says it will build a new body shop with 400 robots that can produce 630 vehicles per day and a new press to make panels for the new A3. The investment will mark one of the biggest building and investment projects in Audi’s history, Reuters reports. Some 750 new jobs will be created, although Audi says most workers will come from existing staff.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi Investing in Inglostadt for A3 Launch" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642