Audi of America Inc. is recalling 28,363 A6s sold in the U.S. due to problems with the car’s throttle. Affected are ’98 and ’99 model A6s equipped with 5-valve 2.8L V-6 engines and sold in 30 cold weather states. Audi says that in temperatures below 5°F (-15°C), the throttle may not return to idle due to ice accumulating in the throttle body. Audi says under this condition, drivers still would be able to stop the car by applying extra brake pressure, shifting the transmission into ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi Recalls 28,363 A6s in U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642