Audi of America Inc. is looking to raise the stature — and thus sales — of its A8 when a revamped model bows in the U.S. this fall. “We are not satisfied with A8 sales,” says Walter Hanek, director of marketing. Mr. Hanek says Audi has done a poor job of marketing the A8 on its merits. “Dealers end up discounting the car. This doesn't appeal to luxury buyers who want image.” Up for discussion is whether to limit the number of Audi outlets that are allowed to sell the A8. “Dealers must ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi Seeks to Stimulate A8 Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642