LOS ANGELES – Audi of America Inc. does not want buyers to think of its new '06 A3 5-door hatchback as an entry-level car. Nor does the German near-luxury marque want it to be called a hatchback. No, the marketing and design gurus from Ingolstadt, Germany, are pitching Audi's first salvo into the U.S. compact luxury segment as something “new.” One designer even dubbed the car the “new Avantivity” vehicle, sort of a cross between a sedan and wagon. Whatever. '06 Audi A3 Simply put, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi's A3 Enters Uncharted Waters" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642