On the strength of a sales surge sparked by “Cash for Clunkers,” Ward’s is forecasting U.S. monthly light-vehicle sales will rise above the 1 million mark for the first time since August 2008. Ward’s is looking for industry daily sales of 43,000 cars and light trucks over 26 selling days, up some 12% from a sales rate of 38,000 light vehicles in July, which also had 26 selling days. This would represent a 7% decline from like-2008, when there were 27 selling days, for the best year-ago ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"August Sales to Exceed 1 Million Mark; Highest SAAR in Nearly Year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642