Australia’s new-vehicle sales tumbled 11.3% in December to 76,510 units, leaving the full-year total down 3.6% to 1,012,164, marking the second year in a row and only the second time ever sales have broken the 1 million-unit mark. VFACTS data released by the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries shows despite the global slowdown in second-half 2008, full-year sales trailed 2007’s record total by just 37,818 units. “This is a good result and shows the car industry finished the year on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Australia 2008 Sales Top 1 Million, Despite Global Economic Challenge" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642