Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. will build the Camry Hybrid in Melbourne, provided the right government incentives are secured in ongoing negotiations between Australia and Japan, the Melbourne Age newspaper reports. The talks are expected to be concluded by mid-year, and the newspaper quotes unnamed sources as saying senior Toyota executives in Japan are strongly behind making Toyota Australia’s Altona plant the regional production base for the hybrid-electric vehicle. Previously, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Australia Looks to Secure Camry Hybrid Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642