Australian auto parts maker Tristar Steering & Suspension Australia Ltd. escalates its industrial-relations dispute by firing a shop steward for speaking to the media and politicians, the Australian newspaper reports. Marty Peek, who had worked at the supplierâ€™s Sydney plant for 35 years, broke down and cried when he was called in and dismissed, the newspaper says. Peek earlier told the media Tristar is paying 33 long-term workers to report to work and do nothing until a redundancy ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Australiaâ€™s Tristar Fires Worker for Speaking Out" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642