Australian scientists have created a new magnesium alloy featuring a mirror-finish and enhanced strength and lightness. AM-lite is a magnesium high-pressure die-casting alloy developed by an international research team led by Australian firm Advanced Magnesium Technologies (AMT) and the CAST Cooperative Research Center (CRC). It is the first magnesium alloy that readily can be electroplated and is described as lighter, more affordable, stronger and more suitable for decorative ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Australian Magnesium Alloy Has Many Applications" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642