CANBERRA – Federal opposition leader Mark Latham is calling for a review of planned Australian vehicle import-tariff reductions. The new party leader says he will oppose the proposed cuts in car tariffs from 15% to 10% in 2005 and 5% in 2010 unless there is a thorough review. (See related story: Aussie Government Extends Auto Industry Subsidies) Before winning the leadership position, Latham was against tariff protection, describing it as "the economic equivalent of racism" in a 2001 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Australian Politician Calls for Review of Planned Vehicle-Tariff Cuts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642