VIENNA – General Motors Corp.’s Opel Austria Powertrain GmbH, part of GM-Fiat Auto SpA’s European powertrain venture, will produce the new 6-speed transmission M20-28 at its plant in Vienna. The production start of the new gearbox family, which is designed for up to 2.2L gasoline and diesel engines with a torque up to 207 lb.-ft. (280 Nm), is scheduled for February 2004. Total investment in the next two years will reach E300 million ($264.4 million). The capacity will be 800,000 units ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Austrian Opel Plant to Produce New Transmission" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642