CANBERRA – Australia’ s new vehicle sales climbed 6.7% to a record 824,309 in 2002. VFACTS, the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries statistics agency, says the result – up from 772,681 in 2001 – was 2% higher than the previous best of 807,669 in 1998. Holden Commodore SS General Motors Corp.’s subsidiary Holden Ltd. again won the annual sales race with 178,392 vehicles, placing it comfortably ahead of Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. at 157,864 and Ford Motor Co. of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Australia's 2002 New Vehicle Sales Sets Best-Ever Record" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642