Good news may be within sight for the beleaguered U.S. auto industry as it seeks immediate aid from the government to head off a crushing liquidity crisis that could see General Motors Corp. run out of cash by first-quarter 2009. U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Tuesday federal aid for the domestic industry is urgent and that she is confident Congress can act on emergency legislation next week. Her remarks follow those of President-elect Barrack Obama’s transition co-chairman John ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Auto Industry Rescue Package Still Within Sight" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642