DETROIT – Imagine cleaning the interior of a car and instead of vacuuming the floor, vacuuming the instrument panel. And on the floor, instead of carpeting, finding rubber or plastic, easily cleaned with nothing more than a standard garden hose. If some auto interior specialists have their way, this off-the-wall scenario may be a reality. Carpeting on the instrument panel and rubber or plastic flooring are just two design concepts kicked around by panelists at the recent 2002 Auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Auto Interiors Debated, Derided" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642