PARIS – Move over aluminum, carbon fiber cars finally could be coming of age. Zoltek Corp. this month announces an impressive expansion of its carbon fiber factory in Hungary, from 800 tons (726 t) annually to 8,000 tons (7,257 t) in 2009. It is the fourth producer in the last six months to announce capacity expansions. Industry leaders Toray Industries Ltd. and the Mitsubishi Rayon Group of Japan and Hexcel Corp. of the U.S. all are in the process of adding capacity for the strong, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Auto Makers to Expand Use of Carbon Fiber" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642