In anticipation of a booming market for an advanced type of side air bags, Autoliv Inc. opens a new plant in Tilbury, Ontario, just east of Windsor, to produce one-piece woven inflatable curtains for a number of high-volume North American vehicles. Autoliv hasn't identified the specific vehicles to receive the advanced safety features, but its customers are General Motors Corp., Ford Motor Co. and DaimlerChrysler Corp. DCC is expected to add curtain air bags to its '03 model minivans. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Autoliv Projects Curtain Air Bag Boom" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642