In their first crack at production planning for April-June, North American automakers are gearing up for a period record of 4,421,100 car and truck assemblies. That's 8.3% more than year-ago and 2.1% above the prior second-quarter record of 4,325,997 posted in 1996 — and output could go even higher still (see data p.4). Continued robust light vehicle sales in February confounded industry planners who initially had expected the market to register a mid-winter dip following January's hot ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Automakers Gear Up for Record North American April-June Output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642