MUMBAI, India -- Imported luxury cars are creating excitement here and enabling auto makers to test the market response before selecting models for local manufacture. India has no restrictions on the number of cars an automaker can import, but they cannot be imported freely. Import duty is a whopping 120% and compliance laws and government policies are tough. Localization takes time and money. Approvals are given for small volumes only to manufacturers and only if after-sale service is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Automakers Test Indiaâ€™s Import Luxury Car Market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642