The installation rate for all-wheel drive in the U.S. and Europe is less than half of its potential, claims Magna Steyr AG & Co. KG, a leading supplier of the technology. "On the one hand, an average of 38% of drivers want an AWD vehicle," says a study conducted for Austria-based Magna Steyr, "but on the other, the actual AWD share of the market is around 17%." The study - made public this month at a conference in Graz, Austria - also reveals distinct differences between the European ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AWD Market Has Room to Grow, Study Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642