With various market forces pointing to the increased fitment of all-wheel drive (AWD) to satisfy demand for sport/utility vehicles (SUVs) and future “hybrid” vehicles that combine passenger-car and SUV attributes, automakers and suppliers are advancing new AWD designs. New Venture Gear, the 1990 joint-venture of General Motors Corp. and former Chrysler Corp. transmission/driveline expertise, has made a name for itself and its myriad 4-wheel drive and all-wheel drive (AWD) transfer-case ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AWD technology undergoing a fundamental shift" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642