TOKYO – Sales of 4- and all-wheel-drive cars and trucks in Japan fell again last year ,as overall new-vehicle demand continued a 5-year slide. Sales dropped 20%, twice the pace of the total market, to 795,991 units, as both standard and 0.66L minis suffered declines. As a result, the market share for 4WD/AWD models fell to 17%, from 20% in 2005. In the standard segment, 4WD demand plunged 23% to 398,828 units, accounting for 14% of new-vehicle sales in calendar 2009. Minis slipped 16% to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AWD Vehicle Sales Continue Slide in Japan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642