CHICAGO – There will be an ’05 Pontiac Aztek, the much-maligned ugly duckling cross/utility vehicle that previous reports indicated would fade from the scene in late 2004 or mid 2005. Aztek actually may stay around even after '05, though perhaps in a different form, according to Jim Bunnell, Pontiac-GMC general manager. "The crossover sport-utility segment is very strong, and we're exploring some different opportunities (for Aztek)," he says. (See related story: Aztek Gone in 2004) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Aztek Epitaph Yet to Be Written" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642