Beijing Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. inaugurates its second plant in Beijing April 8, with the goal of producing 100,000 Chinese versions of the Elantra, called the Yuedong, which will help boost sales 65% this year to a total 380,000 for a 6.1% market share. The new car will be showcased at the Beijing International Motor Show April 22-28. “The new $790 million plant increases our capacity in China by 200,000 vehicles annually and will ramp up to 300,000 units by 2010,” a Hyundai spokesman ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Beijing Hyundai Launches Yuedong at New Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642