CHELSEA, MI – Worldwide demand for Bentley Motors Ltd.'s Continental GT continues to grow, but Volkswagen AG still is a year or two from needing additional capacity. VW officials last fall confirmed “overflow” production of the Flying Spur, the 4-door version of the Continental GT, would come from its underutilized “Transparent Factory” in Dresden, Germany, that does final assembly of the VW Phaeton. (See related story: Germany Plant to Build Bentley) Bentley Continental Flying Spur ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bentley: Assembly Outside U.K. Not Imminent" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642