MUMBAI ‚Äď It has taken the Volkswagen Group a decade to make a slow and hesitant entry into the Indian market. The rollout began with Skoda in 2001 and was followed by Audi in 2007 and the Volkswagen brand, itself, in 2009. VW India rapidly has gathered momentum in the last two years and now has ambitious plans to reach at least a 7% market share in the next four years. On a recent visit here, VW CEO Martin Winterkorn said the German auto maker aims to capture 20% of the Indian market by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Best-Selling Polo Boosts VW‚Äôs Growing Momentum in India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642