DETROIT – Zero percent financing again throws the market for a loop in August. Instead of fading to weaker but still strong results in the second month of the programs, as they did last November, sales grew stronger. That’s despite low inventory for the industry’s biggest player, declining consumer confidence, an unstable stock market and mixed indications as to whether the economy is on its way to high growth levels again. Consumers, it appears, can’t get enough of new ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Big Incentives Cause U.S. August Light Vehicle Sales to Skyrocket" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642