The Big Three U.S. auto makers – DaimlerChrysler Corp., Ford Motor Co. and General Motors Corp. – unite to create a standardized, Web-based format for communicating with their dealers. A spokesman for an auto dealer accounting and consulting firm says the new standard will allow dealers to improve the effectiveness of their operations, but says the Web-based format will expose dealers to computer security risks. “An essential part of planning for implementation of these new standards ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Big Three Dealers Create Standard Dealer Communication Format" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642