The big truck industry kicked off 1999 the way many analysts and industry observers expected — on its way to another robust sales year. January deliveries of medium- and heavy-duty rigs hit 32,953 units. That's up 21.9% on a daily selling rate basis from year-ago's 27,034, which set truckmakers on the path to a record sales year in 1998. January sales of Class 8 trucks hit 16,221, again a jumpstart on like-1998, up 35.2% from the 13,072 heavy-duties sold year-ago. The industry is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Big Truck Sales Off and Running in January; Up 21.9%" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642