The power outage that affected parts of the Midwest and Northeast U.S., as well as a good portion of Ontario, took its toll on North American production in August. Blackout cost industry 49,500 vehicles. In total, Ward’s estimates August North American output will come up short by 64,600 units with 49,500 of that directly related to the blackout. Because of requested restrictions on electricity use by the Ontario government, Canada production bore the brunt of the losses at an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Blackout Shaves North American Production in August; Canada Hit Hard" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642