Questionable demand for diesel and the high cost of emissions-mitigation technology have Chrysler LLC rethinking its plan to build a Jeep Grand Cherokee that features a Bluetec engine. Bluetec is the Mercedes-Benz brand of advanced technology that helps enable diesel engines to comply with strict emissions standards in key markets such as California and New York. Passenger vehicles powered by conventional diesel engines currently are shut out of those regions. Chrysler announced last ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bluetec Grand Cherokee Rollout on Rocks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642