BMW AG’s H2R hydrogen-fueled vehicle sets nine international speed records at the Miramas high-speed proving grounds in France. Among the records set for hydrogen-powered, internal combustion powered vehicles is the flying-start kilometer (11.993 seconds), flying-start mile (19.912 seconds) and the standing-start mile (36.725 seconds). The H2R Record Car uses a version of BMW’s 6L 12-cyl. engine, which develops 232 hp using liquid hydrogen fuel. BMW says the car is capable of 0-60 mph ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Breaks Speed Records With Hydrogen Car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642