PARIS – Carbon fiber could become to BMW AG what aluminum is to Audi AG. In the last two years, the Bavarian auto maker has shown two concept vehicles using considerable amounts of carbon fiber, and both projects now are in development for serial production. A near-ready concept version of the M3 CSL (Coupe Sport Lightweight) was shown at the Frankfurt auto show last fall The first to arrive will be a lightweight, racing version of the BMW M3. A near-ready concept version ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW to Build M3 Carbon Fiber Version" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642