GOTHENBURG, Sweden – After it finishes its new 3-Series plant in Leipzig, Germany, and Rolls-Royce plant in Goodwood, U.K., BMW AG will turn its attention to expanding capacity at its U.S. facility in Spartanburg, SC, and upgrading one of its complete-knocked-down plants in Asia, probably in Thailand. "We will think to expand at Spartanburg," says Norbert Reithofer, member of the management board for production at BMW, rather than seek a new site in the U.S. Production in South Carolina ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Capacity Drive Includes Expansion in U.S., New Plant in Germany" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642