WASHINGTON – BMW of North America LLC Chairman Tom Purves is calling for federal regulations to pre-empt state-led fuel economy requirements. “There should be only one national authority on fuel economy,” he says in a speech prior to the opening of the Washington Auto Show, alluding to recent legislation in California and followed in more than a half dozen other states that calls for limits on carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions. (See related story: Washington's State Senate Approves CARB ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Chief Calls for Blocking of State Fuel Economy Regs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642