VIENNA — BMW AG reportedly is considering building the new small sport/utility vehicle (SUV) X3 at the Steyr-Daimler-Puch Fahrzeugtechnik (SFT) plant. SFT is owned by Magna International. While BMW has confirmed negotiations with SFT, no decision has been made, although an agreement on the production site could be forthcoming next month. The production volume of the BMW X3 is expected to target 60,000 to 80,000 units a year. SFT produces four DaimlerChrysler AG vehicles — Mercedes ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW considers building X3 model in Austria" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642