NEW YORK â€“ Creating a new urban-mobility chic with the i3 and i8, BMW designer Benoit Jacob integrates the DNA of the upscale marque with a futuristic aerodynamic vision for electric vehicles. Jacob tells WardsAuto in an interview here the new urban vehicles retain BMW design elements that his team incorporated into forward-looking plug-in hybrids. The i3 and i8 will be the first mass-produced cars with extremely lightweight carbon-fiber bodies. That will help offset the 440-lb. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Designerâ€™s PHEVs Get Green, Light" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642