BMW AG hires Tony Gott, former head of Rolls-Royce/Bentley Motor Cars Ltd., owned by Volkswagen AG, to head the new Rolls-Royce unit when it falls under BMW’s control in 2003. BMW and VW fought vigorously for the rights to the Bentley and Rolls-Royce brands when they became available in 1998. VW acquired the rights to the Rolls-Royce factory in Crewe, England, as well as rights to the Bentley name. In a strange twist, BMW reached an agreement with Rolls Plc to acquire the rights to use ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Hires Former Rolls-Royce Chief" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642