BMW AG plans to invest $400 million to expand its Spartanburg, SC, facility. The plant makes the X5 SUV and will begin producing the new Z4 roadster beginning Oct. 26. Spartanburg capacity will grow by more than 155,000 units a year from the current 125,000-level. BMW says the added capacity will grow its production to 1.3 million units annually in 2005 from 900,000 currently. Press reports have indicated BMW may also add a third vehicle, possibly the new X3 compact SUV or a larger SUV, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Investing $400 Million to Expand Spartanburg" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642