MONTEREY, CA – After skipping a year, BMW AG begins sales this month of its most powerful M3 sports car ever. For the first time, the re-born ’08 M3 gets a V-8 engine that generates 420 hp and 295 lb.-ft. (400 Nm) of torque. The engine, which weighs 445 lbs. (200 kg) without the gearbox, cranks out 24% more power than the previous-generation M3 with a 6-cyl. mill, while weighing 7%, or 33 lbs. (15 kg), less, BMW says. The M3 achieves 0-62 mph (100 km/h) in 4.8 seconds and an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW M3 Returns to U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642