BMW AG is revisiting its once-aborted plan to set up a production base in India. The auto maker is looking at increasing representation across India by appointing more exclusive import distributors as well as studying the feasibility of setting up a manufacturing unit, a Dubai-based BMW spokesperson says in a published report. The change of heart was inspired by the evolving local market and more relaxed national investment requirements. The models for local assembly would be decided ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Mulling Production Base in India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642